Sunday, April 17, 2011

What is your Superpower?

My boys ask me this all the time "If you could pick any superpower, what would you pick?". I always say invisibility or mind control...but I want to change my answer. I want the power to STOP TIME! I feel like I'm losing time. It's going too fast. I can't keep up and I can't breathe. It would be a smaller show of hands to say "who doesn't feel that way". I want the ability to freeze time so I can catch up, enjoy the roses, enjoy my life. I want it to freeze so I can always remember the feeling of a cold bed, the smile on the face of my kids, the laughter of children the love of my family. I want to freeze time so I can breathe!!! Just for a day. My son is reading this and slapping me on the back shouting "breathe, breathe, breathe".....I would fast forward that part. Life is going too fast. Our parents are getting older, our kids are getting older, I need to find a job, every holiday reminds me how much I miss my sister and how I need to cherish the moments I was given and the moments I have left to live. So now I sing gospel hymns in my head and pray for love, patience, strength....and most importantly time!

2 comments:

  1. And here I am wanting to SPEED up time....I want to have this baby. I want to have a 6 year old and a 3 year old, instead of a newborn and a 3 year old. I want to know where we will live in 5 more years. I want to show them the world. It's never enough to just be in the present, is it? It goes to fast or too slow. But either way, we keep breathing. So BREATHE, damn it. And keep blogging. Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. never enough time...but now you have me singing hootie and the blowfish..not cool joey...not cool.

    ReplyDelete