Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mawwiage, Mawwiage is what bwings us togeder today!

In 5 months my husband and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. FIFTEEN YEARS! It is really an accomplishment. I still love him. He drives me insane, I want to beat him to death at least once per day, but I have truly met my match. He can dole out the shit when it needs dolling out, he can make me laugh instantly, he can't fix anything except my broken heart when it needs it, and he's pretty darn good in the sack. This guy is one of a kind. But the reason is this; his parents are wonderful. He grew up with in-tact parents that spent their lives, and still do, celebrating their children. His father is one of the best, if not the best, father I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I owe them much. Their caring and loving attention to parenting made my husband into the man, husband, father that he is. They did not spoil their children with material possessions; they always knew their mom and dad had their back, unconditionally. This is the parent I am, and I always will strive to be. I am looking forward to going someplace fun on my anniversary with my husband. He wants to go to South Carolina and look at all the historic sites....puke. I'll pass. I'll go to SC but I'm not going to the Cotton Museum....I'll sit poolside or beach side or massage table side..with a drink. He can go alone...and this is why I love him; he will.
What we do in our marriage and who we are in our marriage shapes who/how our children will be. We as parents set examples for our kids on what is and is not acceptable in a relationship; this isn't rocket science. Syntax and grammar are rocket science, I digress. My parents were divorced a combination of 6 times in my childhood and adolescents, but that doesn't mean I can't form lasting relationships. It just means it may take me a little longer :) I want my kids to grow up knowing how important it is to love someone, to trust someone, and to respect someone so that they can form long lasting relationships. Marriage is important and family is important. All we have in this human experience is our family and friends and God. Make it good.

2 comments:

  1. Syntax and grammer are rocket science! HA You are so great...
    You go to SC and get your burn on while he studies cotton, you have earned it, but get your massage FIRST!

    ReplyDelete