Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween/All Saint's Day

Halloween is a tough time of year for. It is probably my favorite holiday. We have a huge family and friend's Halloween party with friends and family members from all sides, and I mean ALL sides. It's kind of odd, but we are odd. It was one of Wendy's favorite holidays, too. This is why it is so hard. Two years ago this month she died and left us to celebrate our favorite Holiday by ourselves. I left a witch at her grave this year and I'm quite certain it was the ONLY grave with a witch on it. But, she loves it I'm sure. This holiday brings back so many memories. Some good and some not good; one year we were on the outs and didn't spend it together and it was the worst Halloween ever! But yesterday I was overcome with sadness and happiness at the same time. We went to see her son, Alex, play in a band competition and I could imagine her watching and smiling at him. I cried a few times during his performance, luckily no one noticed. I would say I felt her presence yesterday. I pray it's true, I pray God let's us look in on our family. I pray she sees us tonight, me dressed like a hooker (Snookie), Lilya dressed like a dog, the boys dressed as the dorks they are.
Today at church our pastor reminded us that it's All Saints Day tomorrow and to pray to the one's we've lost. Please pray for each other.
Saint Theresa's Prayer
May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities s that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us

No comments:

Post a Comment