Sunday, December 19, 2010

Control

I can't control a lot of things. I can't control most things. I have nothing to do with the weather, other people's bad decisions, my hair. This is why I like to cook. I love to cook. I'm a good cook. Not Top Chef worthy, but good nonetheless. I can control what goes on the table. I can throw it out and cook a pizza if I need to ( it happens). I cook when I'm stressed out. I cook when I'm happy. I cook when I'm suffering from PMDD (look it up, men). Last week I made about a million dozen cookies and threw out half of them because my family doesn't really eat that many cookies. I just threw out 1/2 dozen brownies that were made from scratch that were fancy delicious...but I was done with them. I wish I felt more control over my life, other people's decisions, my hair. But I don't. I ask God for help continuously to make me a better person and to make me forgiving and understanding. But, I lead with my sarcasm so I don't think those prayers are always answered. I create something and then toss it. I start from scratch. I think I'm searching for something that I can't find......oh, yeah, CONTROL!
Anyone else searching for something they can't seem to find?

No comments:

Post a Comment